SEO Services are generally used to increase the quality and quantity of traffic. It is a long-term activity. We will not go to the people we share our services with; people will contact us for information.
On-page SEO is the very foundation of SEO Services that helps in ranking our website. Through this, we can attract a huge amount of searchers.
- You need to know the visitor’s search intent to provide accurate information about the product or service to get more responses.
- The combination of both free leads and high-quality traffic will create relevant results.
- The SEO aspects of the website will automatically create the credibility and authority to build the brand.
In truth, search engines work for both users and businesses or those providing the content. Since users represent their biggest asset, search engines focus on them most of the time. Its user has to stay with them.
The SERP results are based upon two things. They are
- Relevance and
If we search about “Biryani Restaurant”
- First, search engines will search relevant restaurants with biryani dishes in nearby areas.
- Then filter it with how much it was popular in that location.
- So rank that result according to that and give the result to the searcher.
On-page SEO services will be focused on inside the website. It is used to create content from the user’s point of view.
On-page SEO aims to satisfy the target audience with the help of a good website and content to achieve success in ranking in SERP.
Tags play an important role in On-page optimisation. It can be described in HTML code used to present the content in a structured format on the website.
These tags play a major role to attract the target audience.
Every website contains certain tags like
- Meta Description
- ALT text
- It is an important tag that can be present in the SERP result.
- In this title tag, we have to give the relevant and cache title. So, the users can click your website through this attractive title. It will increase the Click Through Rate (CTR)
- The title must contain the keywords, as it will be useful for the users to spot the right content. Besides helping to rank the content in Search Engines, it also creates the trust that they can get the information they need.
- The title tag with brand name promotes brand awareness and creates a higher click-through rate among people.
- The title tag is also used in search engines to understand the content of the page.
- This title tag has a character limit of 50 to 60 characters in 512 pixels. It will be truncated and shown as (…) in SERP results if it exceeds the limit.
- We can open a website through any device like desktop, laptop, mobile, or tablet. If we follow this character limit, it can display the full title to all devices.
- When we need a lengthy title to attract the user or give a worthy impression, just don’t bother with this limit. If we follow the limit, it seems too good.
- A meta description is used to describe the webpage.
- It shortly describes the content.
- It also contains a character limit of 150 – 300.
- If we did not give meta descriptions, Google itself picks the content from the website.
- This description also included keywords.
- The Searchers can easily match what the content contains on the website.
- The description should be relevant to the website.
- When the description is attractive, the user will click the webpage. So, it increases the Click Through Rate (CTR).
- Header tag contains H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6.
- H1 is an important tag for the website.
- It must also contain keywords. So, Search Engines can easily understand what the content will have.
- These header tags are used to present the content in a structured format. It will create an interaction with the users, and they get the information that they exactly need.
- An ALT tag is used to describe the image, and it tells what the image represents.
- If it can be mentioned with keywords, then it is an added advantage also.
- The search engine is not able to read the image. So, the ALT text is used to understand the Search Engines what the image wants to tell.
- It is also represented in the HTML tag.
- It can create accessibility with the website to describe the image.
- To ensure that the alt text should not contain keyword stuffing.
- Think like a user to read naturally without any hesitation. Don’t make stuffing for Search Engine Ranking.
<title> The Complete guide of On-Page SEO </title>
<meta name=”description” content=”On-page Optimization is start with creation of website. It is the foundation SEO.”/>
<h1> On-page Optimization <./h1>
<img src=”seo.gif” alt=”on-page seo”/>
This is the basic structure of the HTML Tags.
- URL is termed as Uniform Resource Locator.
- It also contains primary keywords. But, not most ranking factors.
- If it is present in the URL, it will look good. But not use multiple keywords for SEO purposes.
- When a keyword is overused in a URL, then it can appear spammy and manipulative.
- Best URLs are easily read by people. So, the URL should not contain any special characters. Instead of using that, we can use a hyphen(-) to separate the words.
- Avoid case-sensitive URLs. By using, .htaccess file, we can change the uppercase URLs to lowercase.
- A user always prefers the short URL. A long URL is also truncated in the display.
- Minimise the length by removing the unnecessary subfolders. And it makes it easy to copy and paste the URL and also give more clicks.
- Dated URL indicates that content contains time-sensitive. So, it can be appropriate for news-based websites.
- Read the URL through the user’s point of view, and ask yourself does it look natural? , might I click on this website? If we are sure of that, then keep doing the same.
- Using this technology like mod_rewrite for Apache, ISAPI_rewrite easily transforms from dynamic URL to static URL.
http://digitalseo.in/blog?-123 (Dynamic URL)
https://digitalseo.in/social-media-marketing-and-optimization/ (Static URL)
- We recommend not to change the existing URL. There is a chance that it will affect the search engines and user’s activities.
- The URL is the first display term in the SERP results.
In the above example, we can see the URL.
- Google recommends that all sites must be in the secured protocol.
- HTPPS- Here, ‘S’ stands for “Secure”. When we add this to our site, we can get an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Certificate that can help us encrypt or make data private when it is passed between Webserver and a user’s browser.
Links can be used to create a relationship between one site to another site.
This link can be built in two ways. They are
- Internal Linking
- External Linking
Internal linking is used to create a link with the same website with a different page. It is used to boost up the ranking. And make the users spend more time with the website and navigate the user.
External linking is used to create the promotion for the brand. If the links are given to/from the correct site with a less spam score and high domain authority, our link also gets authority and trustworthiness.
These links can be defined with anchor text in the content. Due to this link, when a particular page attains traffic, the linked URL also gets the traffic.
In simple words, internal links open in the same window, but external links open in the new window.
Content Creation on On-page SEO
- Before creating the content, we must know about the target audience, what they are searching for, and their intent.
- Then we have to get the focus keyword. From this, we have to create a group of keywords with the same topics.
- Search that keyword and evaluate SERP results. Determine the structure of the content.
- When the page is ranking means, it will be helpful to the searchers. So we have to create better content than that. Or to create something different from that content.
- Keep Call-To-Action at the end in all content.
- The research is converted into content based upon the audience’s needs.
- As per the user’s point of view, we have to write the content. The 8th student also understands the intent of the content of what we are trying to say. It states that the content must be simple and elegant with relevant information.
- We have to keep the people engaging with the site and spend more time on your site.
- The content should be fresh and not copy any from any other website. Search
- Engines always like the updates. So, keep it in mind while writing the content.
On the News site, update the content daily.
Some people are too lazy to read the full content. For that purpose, we can use
- Side Headings
- Bullets and numbering
Good content can be created in the following method
- Find what people are looking for
- Keyword Research
Prepare 10x strategy from SERP result page
Analyse and create the content better than these sources.
Add attractive title header, description, and alt text with keywords.
Ensure the freshness of content.
Add links to the web page.
Keep the keywords within the first 100 words.
Add keywords in a meaningful manner instead of keyword stuffing
Attach multimedia with content
Arrange the content with the correct architecture.
Check spelling and grammar
Promote the Content
- Track the Performance of the website.
Factors to avoid in Content Creation
Search Engines hate some criteria while creating the content. Some of them are
- Thin Content
- Duplicate Content
- Keyword Stuffing
- Auto-generated content
- The content should not be thin.
- In older days, page content was created with keywords, and they intended to rank on the first page of specific queries. It does not bother about whether the content is thin or thick.
- Google introduced a search algorithm in 2011 named Panda. It can check every corner of the website to verify whether the content is thin. If so, it is penalised.
- More quality and good content pages will take top ranking in SERP.
- Search engines understand the relationship between words, meanings, and phrases.
- If we are running the same business with different cities, they have a separate audience. So, create similar content for the different locations with unique factors. And that is called Geo pages.
- Suppose a website contains an individual page with a different topic name.
If we sell silk sarees, create unique pages for Kanchipuram silk saree, Banarasi silk saree, Art Silk saree, Konrad silk saree, and Mysore silk, giving the same information about saree.
All the pages tell about the same product saree.
Instead of creating multiple pages for the same product saree, we can create a comprehensive page. Search Engines can also understand easily.
- Search Engines do not encourage copy content. It will always love to give new and useful content.
- When the same content is shared between different groups is called duplicate content.
- When the same content is shared between multiple pages within the same domain, it is called scrapped content.
- Search engines will allow this by the use of canonical tags. This tag is used to define which webpage is original to the website.
- It must be defined on the website using rel=canonical tag
- By these, we can find which page of the content is unique in word and values.
- Cloaking is the SEO technique used to present the content or URL to search engine bots or spiders and users.
- In simple words, cloaking is used to present a good page to the Search engine and a spammy page to users. It can break the search engine guidelines.
- It can be used in both positive and negative ways.
- Google practices cloaking for a positive user experience.
- When a keyword is included multiple times in the webpage, then it is called keyword stuffing.
- Many people think that when a keyword is inserted more times in a webpage, it will be automatically ranked in SERP. However, instead of ranking, the page gets penalised.
- To avoid this, we can use the exact meaning of a keyword in content.
Suppose we are writing content for silk saree. Instead of using silk saree multiple times, we can use words like pattu saree.
- Avoid the targeted keywords, making them bold.
- In general, when the content is related to its concepts and is easy to understand, we can easily rank.
Example for Keyword Stuffing
- It is the easiest form, but it gives low-quality content.
- When the content is created programmatically, then the intent of the content is only to rank, not to help the users.
- So, Google generated the quality guidelines on automatically generated content. It is mostly used to call out the brand of a particular product.
- In India, we mostly use Google as the Search Engine.
- Google has its free tools to track the performance of the website.
- In general, the tools are used to know about the site and what keyword is ranking, and we can diagnose the problem in the website.
- We can analyse the page load speed, mobile-friendly or not.
Some of the tools used for performance tracking are
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Yoast Plugin
- RankMath etc.,
Use of Multimedia in On-page SEO
- While writing the content, we can insert related images, videos.
- By doing this, we can give a better user experience for our website.
- Instead of reading the content, we can better understand by seeing the images and watching the videos.
- So, the engagement of users will be more.
- It also reduces the bounce rate. Because when a user spends more time on the website, then we can also get a chance to get more clicks inside the sites.
- While inserting the images, kindly concentrate on quality, size, and ALT text because when an image with more size can affect the page load speed. So, compress the images without affecting the quality.
- For image compression, we have some tools like Optimizilla, Image
- Optimization for Mac, and Windows Alternatives.
- This optimisation can be used to improve the page format.
- The On-Page SEO Services can be worked within the website.
- The main aim is to satisfy the target audience with clear content.
- So, it creates an interface between users and search engines.
- When the website can be loaded in the search engines, we can share the content and get reviews from users.
- This is an important skill of an SEO that can be used to improve not only the
- Digital Marketing Company but also increase the marketing strategy of SEO people and satisfy the user with what they exactly need.
- SEO is one of the top preferred marketing channels by any business. The above information was shared by Mr. Ashkar Gomez, Founder of the digital marketing company in India ,The7Eagles.
Latest posts by Digital SEO Blog (see all)
- What’s The Deal With EAT & SEO: A Complete Guide - September 28, 2021
- Top Website Navigation Practices To Improve User Experience - September 2, 2021
- Must-Have Digital Marketing Tools For SEO Experts - September 2, 2021